Friday, April 22, 2011

Zacharias: The influence of books and teachers

"If I had even the faintest clue when I was younger as to how profound an impact books and professors would have upon my life, I would have kept a better record of my thoughts and emotions. Why? Because some books and teachers leave indelible fingerprints on our souls. And when those fingerprints are left, it's as if your DNA has changed. Our physical body takes on characteristics because of our chemical DNA. Likewise, those whom we've read and those whose feet we have studied will transform our passions, power and purpose."

-Ravi Zacharias
Just Thinking (Winter 2003), p.1; also appeared in the book Indellible Ink: 22 Prominent Leaders Discuss the Books That Shaped Their Faith

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Christian Faith as Public Truth

LESSLIE NEWBIGIN The Gospel  in a Pluralist Society The faith is held with universal intent. It is held not as " my personal op...